Friday 26 December 2008

A bit about me and how it started !!

Oh well,... its about 3:30 in the morning, and I'm "gazing at the calendar!" ...Not quite... =) ! Just been looking at some show-reels by the AM students and each reel is just so amazing that I got so engrossed.

My Name is Sheeba Kukreja, and I hail from India, a country rich in Culture and Heritage. The Land of elephants, is famous for the Taj Mahal, Indian Curries and Masalas, the famous "Balti Chicken" , Bollywood - the 2nd largest film industry in the world (next to Hollywood) and much more ! I was born in a city called Chandigarh, about a 155 miles north of New Delhi (The capital city of India).

I always liked to draw and sketch and write poetry and stuff...was never academically inclined. Books did not fascinate me. People always said how important it was to get a good score in high school to be able to go to uni, make a career. But it had to come from within ! It couldn't until I knew what I wanted in life. I knew it from the very start I was not meant to be a Doctor or an Engineer or anywhere near. It had to be something more than that, something more practical... something that I would enjoy doing from within my heart. Tom and Jerry, The Jungle Book, all of the Walt Disney Fairy tales fascinated me but they didn't ring my bells ! I didn't know what it was for me....not until (amongst movies like Toy Story, Final Fantasy, Monsters Inc., Dinosaur, etc... around), Dreamworks released Shrek in 2001. I was totally blown away ! It sure was a "jaw dropping" experience for me! It changed my life. I knew I had to be one of 'em.... animating! Everything fell into place..... my hand at drawings, writing short stories and poetry.... everything made sense... it all pointed towards one direction!!

Thanks to God, Mum and Dad, I got the opportunity to do an MSc. in 3D Computer Animation .....and there has been no looking back ever since ! =)

I feel like the chosen one ... I really do. I feel like I was destined to Animate, I don't mean to make it sound cheesy but there is nothing better I can do with my life. I am passionate about animating and strive to be better at it with each passing day... and get a wee bit closer to that dream job. Hence AM !

Breathing life into characters is something that I am truly passionate about .... the passion took some time to unveil but its here now ..... to stay for ever ! =)

5 comments:

  1. Heey its me Avak!! FIRST COMMENT WOOHOO!!! U'll be great!
    breathing life into characters is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is mate! :) There is nothing I love more than Animating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound very passionate about animation, Sheeba! That's awesome! I'm the same way, too. I can go on and on about this stuff. I usually end up boring my friends. I end up cutting the conversation short because I'll keep talking about animation and all the cool stuff I've learned, read, and seen.

    I'll be seeing ya!

    Cheers!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very passionate about animation, Sheeba! That's awesome! I'm the same way. I usually bore my friends and end up cutting the conversation short, because I'll just keep going on about the new stuff I've learned, seen, or read.

    I'll be seeing you!

    Cheers!

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep Rene ! The best part is no one cut's u short here (No wonder my posts look like long stories from an epic) lol :P


    Hope u doing good mate! thanks for the reviews guys.... Keep 'em coming! plan to post some work up here soon now!

    See u around! Keep it animated ;)

    ReplyDelete