Wednesday 14 January 2009

AM, Week 2 : Sketching and Posing !

We moved into Week 2 of Animation Mentor and its been a blast. I totally love it. I'm surprised I didn't quite understand what line of action meant before this and all the principles are explained really well with awesome examples. Just in the last one week I've learned sooo much not just from my mentor Mario, but also from my batch mates, classmates and seniors that I didn't learn in the One year of MSc. A lot of things have come up very new to me. I am so in the right place... and highly motivated!!

Right ! We got our first assignment for this week to sketch poses and then personifying a character to one of the poses....! I have been sketching and noticing people in cafe's bookshops, stores, liabrary, the high streets, almost everywhere really and have bumped into a lot many people staring at me awkwardly sometimes when i try n quickly line draw some of em... haha its funny tho! But its all good. I have some poses sketched really quick so these are more line drawings done in about 2 seconds each to get the idea of the line of action in a pose. so these aint the best of drawings or nething but I think they do tell u what's really happening. I am uploading some here right now but am not yet satisfied with any of em so i guess im gonna take another shot at posing sketches tonight !

Will be able to upload some more drawings tomorrow hopefully !

Cheers !

2 comments:

  1. haha I got some stares too! What I ended up doing is keeping my head looking at the paper, and then just moving my eyes (I must have looked so creepy)... but this method resulted in bad drawings... so then when I came home, I fixed everything. don't you love photo and video reference? ;) ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete