Thursday 15 April 2010

Almost ready to dive into Splines on the Pantomime !


Wow ! This has been a crazy crazy week!

The shot went into blocking. Did a very rough pass on Monday. The clock in the shot somehow didn't seem to work. I didn't wanna have the whole shot rely on the clock either, so scraped it out. Still something about the shot wasn't working the way I would want it to, and I couldn't put a finger on it. When working on an idea I usually am absolutely stoked about it, all through till the very end. For this one, that excitement just wasn't coming. I talked to my mentor and also discussed about my option of changing the idea to which he consented. I came up with more ideas but then that's it. I planned and planned a couple, did some drawings and thumbnails! But that didn't really do much for my motivation on the mime. I Learn a lesson. NEVER EVER change your idea. Once you've decided on it, go with it - No matter what. You'd rather make the IDEA work than change the idea altogether after u finish planning it.

Well, so that's what I did and I like what came out of it so far. Been working on the shot and did loads of passes on it all week and I've started to like it now (Still pushing it tho). It is still in Stepped, but almost ready to be polished and refined in Splines next week on.... (or so I would like to think). Got criticisms and suggestions from some friends at school and that helped. Its not even close to perfect yet but its something. :)
Week 3- Blocking in Stepped

This is still in stepped but I'll now take it to Splines or Plateau next week. (I think Plateau might save my life tho) I plan to put delicate stuff on the shelves that will smash into pieces as the shelves tumble down. But I'll do that in the very end, once I have nailed down the animation on our lill guy here ! :)
Still working on pushing this shot before I jump into next week but might not get the whole weekend to do it [ driving out of town with the fam :) ]. But that's cool. My shot is pretty much alright to go into splines next week on, for the polishing and refining. I've got in sufficient amount of main keys and breakdowns (in-betweens) on 4's (and even 2's where needed). I worked the "copy-pair" way when blocking this shot out this time. I've held poses for a good number of frames where we needed holds and delays, for a nice texture in timing, just so they don't go all over the place on the timing, when I convert them to splines in the graph editor.
I handed this in already but will keep tweaking it tomorrow as well.
And then I go POLISHING the shot next week on! *WOOOOT* Really fun stuff !!!!! I love how things are going now... been busy but now things are working on this shot so its good. Two more weeks on this shot and then off to a new one... its a one person dialog shot then ! got to watch a lot of movies and get some nice dramatic dialogs to choose from, for the acting dialog piece that we start in week 6 ! should be fun again! :) but can't get distracted thinking about that now ! Got to focus and walk that extra mile on this one!
I'll get back with a well refined version of this shot in two weeks now then!
Blogging off!

Adios ! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment