Wednesday 7 April 2010

Animating Week 2 away !

Got my First Critique from Jamy today, for the Idea handed in last week. He likes my Idea and thinks its going to be lots of fun to work on!
He had some brilliant suggestions there though, as far as the thought process goes into the shot and the staging. He suggests I have the camera placed at a quarter angle and maybe even pan the camera down a bit, rather than having stand "Straight on dead center" , like I have it in the thumbnails. Think that makes sense as it would help the audience read the shot better when he picks up the ornament and puts it down and all the gestures in between those would read clearly too.
So I guess that would look something like this :
(just quick shabby rough drawings, to experiment what works)

Jamy said I should think deeper, about what Stewie feels all through it. What's he thinking or feeling when he looks around that particular section on the shelf, What he feels when he is about to pick the ornament up. What's his attitude... is he sheepish right from the beginning? When he puts it back... how do I bring in the contrast? does he put it slowly down delicately (taking all the time in the world)? cautious so it doesn't break? and maybe push that embarrassment feel in the end a tad more. Jamy suggested that I convey the attitude right in the beginning so that we see his personality right off as he starts looking around or picking the ornament.He felt it also might be worthwhile to try and get a natural reaction as the Shelf falls behind him, by having a friend drop off a big shelf or object right by me, when filming the reference ... and notice how I react. That would be a more organic reaction then. I could try that one out.
I've started Blocking the shot out in Maya. Got in about 10 poses so far but plan on incorporating his suggestion in before moving forward on that one and I also might wanna give my rubbish acting skills one last take !
Right, I better blog out and get to it then :)
Adios !

No comments:

Post a Comment